THE CROSSING COMMUNITY CENTER will be a safe place for families, an opportunity for education, and will promote an active and healthy community. In addition, this community center will increase job opportunities, promote small businesses for economic development, offer single family permanent housing, partner with local schools to house events as well as create a community cohesion that allows residents to stay within their hometown for family fun. This community center will enhance the attraction for other families looking for a new start or a small town feel that do not currently live within the Temple City Limits. This vision would enable us to create a positive momentum by working in tandem with our City Mayor, Michael Johnson, City
Manager and City Council for the development of new residential construction. We are thankful for all partnerships along the way.
THE MISSION of The Crossing Community Center is to have a safe place for families in our community that will encompass the greatest needs of the city’s residents. The needs we plan to meet through this community center are the following:
• A place for families to bring their children to play and grow socially and
emotionally through an indoor playground.
• A place for teens, adults, and Senior Citizens to create social bonds that will in turn build a strong, safe, and inclusive community through an indoor coffee shop
• A place that will promote health and fitness and create a wellness culture in our city through an outdoor walking trail and indoor workout facility.
• A place for After-School and Summer programs with mentoring programs that will deter at-risk youth from criminal activities and provide a constructive environment through an indoor turf field for recreational sports and rock-climbing wall with a foam pit.
• A place for our local government and schools to hold events and conferences for large crowds through an auditorium with 300 seats.
• A place for community partnerships such as the West Georgia Pregnancy
Resource Center and family & marriage counseling through conference rooms.
• A place for families to have quality childcare for ages birth to 5 years of age through a childcare facility that is CAPS subsidized and houses GA Pre-K, both of which will be Quality Rated per the State of Georgia’s childcare requirements for licensed providers by the year 2020.
• A place for single parent families to have sustainability through a housing unit
1. PRAY: We are encouraging everyone to help us pray for the expansive vision to reach our community through this endeavor.
2. PARTNER: We're encouraging anyone that is able to consider partnering with us financially. You can click the link below to give.
3. PARTICIPATE: Attend Verve Church. Get involved by serving and joining a connect group.
Shane and Amanda grew up in Carroll County Ga were they have served in ministry together for the past 10 years. They have been married for 14 years and have 3 children ages 13, 11, 6. Shane is an Ordained Minister through the Church of God and Amanda is CAPS Coordinator for the Dept of Early Care and Learning.
We are located in Providence Elementary School in Temple Ga each Sunday morning at 10:30am. Verve Church is a church that will bring life and hope to a community of people to call their own. Verve Church means full of spirit and enthusiasm. We believe that we will be the tangible enthusiasm of God’s love to the loveless, hope to the hopeless and offer community connectivity through our VGroups, Discipleship ministries and more.